The Rotary Club of West Palm Beach is hosting Palm Beach County Rotarians to celebrate the 109th anniversary of Rotary at the two “Rotary Day” events. Both events will be held on Tuesday, February 18, 2014. For more information contact Erin Kavanagh, Club Manager at (561) 254-4789 or Info@RotaryWestPalmBeach.org
Rotary Day luncheon highlighting activities of the 21 Rotary Clubs in Palm Beach County at the Kravis Center’s Cohen Pavilion from 11:30 to 1:00 p.m. The cost is $20. Guests must pay online at https://www.eventbrite.com/e/national-rotary-day-celebration-tickets-10384826295 by February 11. For registration after that date call (561) 254-4789. A list of the 21 Rotary Clubs in Palm Beach County is on page 2 of this Press Release.
1st Annual J.E.F.F. (Joint Effort For Fellowship) Social from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. at Roxy’s in downtown West Palm Beach. The cost is $20 for 1 drink and light appetizers payable at the door or payable online at https://www.eventbrite.com/e/national-rotary-day-celebration-tickets-10384826295.
Today, Rotary which was founded on February 23, 1905 in Chicago, Illinois, has over 1.2 million members in 34,000 clubs in more than 200 countries. Rotary members strive to build goodwill and peace, and provide humanitarian service in their communities and throughout the world.
Rotary Clubs’ service projects and club activities benefit a multitude of people locally, nationally, and internationally. Rotary’s Motto is “Service Above Self”. Also, Rotary’s Avenues of Service guide us:
· Through Vocational Service we offer our professional skills to serve others and promote integrity in everything we do.
· Through Community Service we address local needs and work with our communities to bring lasting improvements.
· Through International Service we meet humanitarian needs around the globe and promote world understanding and peace.
· Through New Generations Service we work with young adults, ages 18 to 30 in high school, college and young professionals to help them become the next generation of leaders, visionaries, and peacemakers.
· Through Club Service we build lasting friendships, and have professional and business networking opportunities.
Since 1947, the Rotary Foundation contributed over $2.4 billion to fund a diverse array of high impact projects; i.e. provision of clean water, medical care, literacy classes, and job training to people in need all around the world. In 2012 Rotary raised $555 million to support the eradication of polio throughout the world thanks to matching funds from the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.
21 Rotary Clubs in Palm Beach County
About the Rotary Club of West Palm Beach: The Rotary Club of West Palm Beach has served our community, children, and families for 97 years. Our diverse 100+ Club members represent a cross-section of professions. This year we have 20+ Club activities, service projects, and fundraising events. Our activities include local, national, and international activities that help tens of thousands of people annually.
The Rotary Club of West Palm Beach meets every Tuesday at the Kravis Center’s Cohen Pavilion from noon to 1 p.m. Guests are welcome! For more information contact (561) 254-4789.