Official Station Contest Rules
1. Winners will be drawn at random or by contestant call-in participation, during on-air contests.
2. Eligibility. No purchase necessary to win. Contest(s) are open to legal residents of the state of Florida who are 18 years or older at the time of entry. Employees of WIRK, the contests participating sponsors, and its subsidiaries, affiliates, prize suppliers, and advertising and promotion agencies, employees of other radio or television stations and members of the immediate families of any such persons (spouse, parents, children, grand-parents, grand-children, siblings and their spouses whether as “in-laws”, or by current or past marriage(s), remarriage(s), adoption, cohabitation or other family extension) and individuals living in the same household as such employees are not eligible to participate and win. Contest subject to all applicable federal, state, local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
3. WIRK reserves the right to revoke any prize if the contestant does not meet any or all of the eligibility requirements or if entry coupon or winning ticket has been damaged or altered. Additional eligibility requirements (E.G. age) may be applied in a particular contest.
4. All WIRK contestants on or off the air are limited to one winner per household (persons living at the same address) or immediate family per (30) thirty day period for all prizes on that station.
5. No substitution or other considerations for the stated prize may be claimed-however WIRK reserves the right to substitute a prize of similar value in the event of unavailability of a prize. All items won from WIRK must be claimed within thirty (30) days of winning and must be between 9:00 AM and 5:00 PM Monday through Friday (except for holidays) at WIRK studios, 701 Northpoint Parkway, Suite 500, West Palm Beach FL 33407. Any item or prize with a weekend expiration date not claimed at the WIRK offices by 5pm of the Friday directly proceeding the weekend expiration date, will be forfeited with no compensation.
6. Any prizes mailed (at winner’s request) will be mailed using first class U.S. mail. WIRK is not responsible for problems occurring within the postal system which may affects winner’s receipt of prizes.
7. An IRS 1099 Misc. Form will be completed and filed with the internal revenue service for every prize (or combination of winnings) valued at $600 or more during the calendar year. All local, state and federal taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner.
8. All winning contestants are required to acknowledge contest rules either by signing a WIRK winner release form or by acceptance of a prize by mail if prize is not picked up at offices. Winning contestants must show proof of social security numbers to WIRK for any prize, this is for tax recording purposes only, and will not be used or released for any purpose.
9. All prizes are described by WIRK either on-air or via signage at off-air events. Each prize has a predetermined value and is not negotiable. As a condition of winning a prize, a winner acknowledges that WIRK reserves the right to broadcast their name and use their likeness or photo to promote the contest.
10. As a condition to accepting a prize, winner acknowledges that WIRK is not responsible for any harm, injury, or damage caused to any person or property, proximate or otherwise, through the use of any prize by person, and agrees to save and hold harmless WIRK, it’s principals and employees from any claim of such responsibility “harm, injury, or damage” including but is not limited to occurrences beyond the control of WIRK such as bodily injury or theft. Expiration of an item or a prize, and cancellation or alteration of an event is beyond the control of WIRK, and no alternate prize will be awarded.
11. Additional rules pertaining to specific contests may supplement or supersede these rules.
12. All WIRK decisions are final.