Former baseball slugger Jose Canseco accidentally shot himself in his left finger while cleaning a gun, police said.
He was in surgery Tuesday night, his fiancee tweeted.
"This is Leila . Thank you all for the kind words and prayers . Jose is in still surgery and will be ok. Please pray for his finger !!," she said in a tweet posted to his account.
This is Leila . Thank you all for the kind words and prayers . Jose is in still surgery and will be ok. Please pray for his finger !! 🙏🙏🙏🙏— Jose Canseco (@JoseCanseco) October 29, 2014
Canseco, who hit more than 450 home runs during his 17 seasons in the big leagues, was hit when his semiautomatic handgun accidentally went off, Las Vegas police said.
Canseco won the American League Rookie of the Year award in 1986 and was the league MVP two years later while with the Oakland A's.
A controversial figure and admitted steroid user, he claimed there was widespread use of performance enhancing drugs in Major League Baseball.
Looks like Brantley Gilbert is moving on! Sources are reporting that Brantley is engaged. Hard to believe because most of us didn't even know he had a girlfriend.
Brantley never mentioned her name, but he did say that "he met this little girl 10 years ago" and most of his songs are about her - and she was the one who got away about 5 years ago, but he finally got her back and said "I've never been happier."
Brantley said she is a school teacher and the wedding is planned for the end of November.
Twenty Five Things You May Not Have Known About Jason Aldean
1. I started playing bars when I was 14, before I was old enough to get in.
2. My mom would wait for me to finish my set and then take me home to do my homework.
3. I wear a hat all the time, but I do have hair under there.
4. I'm a huge University of Georgia football fan and dreamed of going to games as a kid — but we couldn't afford it.
5. I sold out UGA's Sanford Stadium last year.
6. I once had a guy ask me to sign his prosthetic leg. He took it off first.
7. My favorite band of all time is Alabama.
8. Growing up, I always played first base in baseball because I noticed first basemen got the most TV time.
9. My daughters [Keeley, 11, and Kendyl, 7] play softball. I go to games every night of the season when I'm off the road.
10. I used to have a mullet haircut.
11. I think the best parties always include Karaoke and tequila.
12. My go-to karaoke song is "Drift Away" by Dobie Gray.
13. I drove a Pepsi delivery truck in Macon, Georgia, before I moved to Nashville for music.
14. My dad taught me how to play guitar.
15. I love to shop for vintage T-shirts on eBay.
16. I was kicked off stage for refusing to play Prince's "Purple Rain" in a country bar in Alabama.
17. I love sushi, but I hate spicy mayo.
18. I have a farm outside Nashville where I go to hunt with Luke Bryan and Tyler Farr a lot.
19. I drink my coffee black with at least four Splendas.
20. My bus driver is named Ron. He's been with me for about eight years now and knows about me as good as anyone does.
21. I have been hunting with Duck Dynasty's William Robertson since long before anyone knew who that fool was.
22. I gave up smoking for e-cigs. Cancer sucks.
23. I wasn't sure I was going to make it in music until "She's Country".
24. I sold pagers at a mall kiosk but got fired for not showing up when I was hungover.
25. I was once ticketed for wading at the beach when there was a red flag. I'm a real outlaw.
Ashton Kutcher posted pics of their new baby girl with the caption "Where's Wyatt?" Too cute!