I feel so much better now knowing that Tim McGraw loosens up during football season and indulges like the rest of us!
It’s no secret that Tim McGraw is a bit of a health nut and a workout machine, but he admits that when football season rolls around he loosens the reins a lot on his diet. “I’m not very healthy when it comes to football game snacks,” says Tim. “I like cheese dip and Doritos and tacos and chili, and all that sorta stuff. Some of our favorite things that we have during football season are Frito pies. Most people, I guess, especially if you’re a southerner, are familiar with Frito pies where we just have Fritos, cheese and chili. We eat a lotta that on weekends.”
All that extra junk food doesn’t come without a price for Tim. He says eating that, “just calls for extra workouts during the week.” And now that he’s not on tour and working up a sweat on stage he’ll have to work extra hard to make sure those football snacks don’t go to his waistline.
Now that's the way to ride off into the sunset.
On Aug. 29, CMT will air a two-hour special documenting George Strait's storied career.
Centered around the final show of his two-year The Cowboy Rides Away tour, which brought 104,000 fans to Dallas, the special (CMT, 7-9 p.m. ET) features performances by Jason Aldean, Kenny Chesney, Eric Church, Sheryl Crow, Vince Gill, Faith Hill, Alan Jackson, Miranda Lambert and Martina McBride. Strait's son George "Bubba" Strait Jr. played a song he wrote for his father, Arkansas Dave.
With more No. 1 singles than any artist in any other genre, the special will take a look at the singer's long career and will include interviews with Strait and performances of Fool Hearted Memory, I Can Still Make Cheyenne, Check Yes Or No and The Cowboy Rides Away.
"You know my name, not my story. You've heard what I've done, not what I've been through."
That's what Jason Aldean had to say on Instagram after his Saturday night (Aug. 9) show in Chicago show. It's a powerful message for anyone, but early on Sunday morning, Aldean was sending that message specifically to his haters.
It started innocently enough with a photo he posted right after his concert ended. It was of Aldean, his girlfriend Brittany Kerr and the most well-known French bulldog on the Internet, Manny the Frenchie. The dog came to Aldean's show at the First Midwest Bank Amphitheatre.
"A little surprise for my girl @brittanylkerr tonight. Her favorite pooch @manny_the_frenchie came to my show in Chi-Town tonite. #loveubaby #surprise," Aldean had captioned the photo.
Kerr had it on her Instagram account, as well.
"Tonight!!! One of the best nights of my life! I met @manny_the_frenchie ... such a sweet little nugget ... #bestboyfriendintheworld #animallove #chunky #butt," she wrote.
But then, the comments started coming in. Some were nice. And some weren't so nice. There was some nasty hashtags, like #homewrecker, #GodwilljudgeyouatTheGates and some general ill-will towards Aldean and Kerr, who has had the "other woman" label slapped on her since Aldean and his wife divorced in 2013.
So he took to Instagram, again, to respond.
"So sick of people judging me and @brittanylkerr over things they know nothing about," Aldean wrote. "I have made mistakes but i am a better person because of it, and wouldnt change a thing. Im happier than i have ever been, so thank u to all the people who support us. We are happy and life goes on. Its time to move on people. #aldeanarmy #oldnews #timetomoveon."
Next time you're sitting at your desk, daydreaming about palm trees and white sand beaches, know you're not alone.
We asked "Beachin' " singer Jake Owen to share the top five places he'd rather be at any given moment, and it's no surprise that three of the five involve – you guessed it – the beach!
1. My hometown of Vero Beach, Florida – "That's No. 1 on my list! It will always be home for me. It's where all my coastal-living ways and beach ideas come from because that's how I grew up. I literally grew up on the beach every day. I just like my feet in the sand."
2. Grand Cay, Bahamas – "It's one of my favorite places to go, and I go down there a lot with my friends to go fishing and diving. No surprise that I picked yet one more place with water! I tend to be pretty into anything coastal. Being in the water just keeps me laid back."
3. Portland, Oregon – "It's just such a beautiful place. I know, again with the beaches, but I just love a beach out there called Cannon Beach. It's really one of the most beautiful beaches you could ever see. It's got the one of the largest monolith rocks in the world, just sitting right there in the ocean. I just love that. And I love photography, so it's a good place for me to go and take photos."
4. Winterhaven, Florida – "Specifically, my grandma and granddaddy's house. When I was a kid, I'd go there in the summertime and spend a week or two at a time over there and just have the best time. I'd get to hang out with my nanny and eat her good cooking, and sit out in the driveway and spit watermelon seeds with my granddad. Even now, every chance I get to go to my nanny's house, I go."
5. Chicago – "I have a lot of fun there. Chicago has been one of the greatest places to me in my career. I've just loved it there for a long, long time, and I have a history there. The radio station there, from the time that I've been just a little whippersnapper and had my very first song, they've embraced me. I started playing Joe's Bar, it's a little bar, and made my way to play at Soldier Field and Wrigley Field. It's just a city that means a lot to me. And when I'm not dieting, I like to get pizza every time I'm there!"